Education In Allahabad
Home > Education In Allahabad
The city of Allahabad is having a reputation in higher education and sees a number of learners and students from different parts of the country coming here. There is a single central university, one open university, deemed universities are 3 are many other colleges and institutions for technical and research purposes. These colleges provide higher education in various disciplines. Some of the famous universities and colleges are:
- Allahabad university is the oldest university, at the position of four, and was established in 1887.
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology is one among the 20 National Instittues of Technology, and national importance institutes that are found in the country. This particular NIT is ranked usually among the top 15 colleges in India providing technical education.
- Motilal Nehru Medical College is one among the various medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh, which are total 7 in number, and it also has a hospital associated with it.
- Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University is the only Uttar Pradesh Open University.
- JK Institute of Applied Physics & Technology under the affiliation of Allahabad University is one of the very old colleges of engineering in India, where the courses of B Tech, M Tech and other higher degrees are offered in the domain of telecommunications and electronics.
- Allahabad Agricultural Institute was established in 1910 and among the different agricultural colleges, this is one of the oldest in the south east asia.
- Indian Institute of Information Technology or IIIT Allahabad is among the best engineering institutes in the country where people can pursue various post graduate and undergraduate courses in the field of computer science and related subjects. In order to enhance the excellence in the field of IT, these institutes were started by MHRD. This IIIT is the only IIIT in entire Uttar Pradesh and furthermore, it was among the first IIITs in India to have got the Institute of National Importance status by the Indian Government.
- Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology in Allahabad offers courses in diploma in different disciplines of engineering and also has various degree courses that are under the affiliation of Uttar Pradesh Technical University.
- Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute is among the Social Science Research Institutes network colleges that was set up by the Indian Council of Social Science Research or ICSSR along with the collaboration of the governments at the state in the year 1980. Various kinds of research activities were carried out in different interdisciplinary subjects related to social sciences.
- Birla institute of Technology Allahabad is the college which was set up as an extension of the BIT Mesra.
- Ewing Christian College is a co-educational institute with autonomous and minority status that was established in 1902 under the Allahabad university. During the visit of the American Presbyterians on a particular Christian mission, this college was set up.
Schools In Allahabad
Some of the important and famous schools are:
- Maharishi Patanjali Vidya Mandir and its branches
- YMCA centenary school and college
- Girl’s high school and college
- Boy’s high school and college
- St Mary’s convent inter college
- St Joseph’s college
- Delhi Public School
- Shemford Allahabad
- Allahabad Public School
- St Anthony’s convent girl’s inter college
- Tagore Public School
The city of Allahabad has been made as one of CBSE’s regional division. Here also there is the head office of the UP Board of High School and Intermediate Education. Most of the private schools have their education imparted in English, while many government owned and aided institutes have both English and hindi as the education medium. Vocational, professional and technical training and education is also provided to people in the rural areas of the Allahabad and other districts in the vicinity. For this, the Nehru Gram Bharti Vishwavidyalaya has been opened as an university by the Government of India, HRD ministry at the village of Dubawal in Allahabad. The academic courses that are presently being imparted here are degrees in post graduation and graduation in various topics such as science, arts, education, management, commerce, law, social works, journalism, computers & applications, etc.